Sunday, September 24, 2006

Hong Kong

Ok, i just spent the past forever updating my windows and mcaffee watever and i'm sure u want photos so i'll make this sort of brief by telling you only of my first day in Hong Kong.

I had big plans to show up at the airport with my friends and get tickets to Bejing. But then while immigration was going thru our passports i got called out of the shower and was told to go up to purser's.

I went to the room where they were going thru 700 passports and one of the guys came up to me and showed me my passport and was like, "so did you know that you have a page missing?" and i was like, "what?"

He showed me, it jumps from 6-9 and 24-26 or something like that. So in the proccess of putting my passport together the machine missed a page before binding it. it's very obvious it wasn't ripped out. So first it took an hour for them to deem my passport invalid. Then it took another hour for them to decide that i should come down to the consulate. And then it took a while for an agent to get there to take me to the consulate.

the lady at the consulate said that she and her supervisor had never seen anything like it. and i said, "so out of the millions of passports issued, i got the one that was messed up. Great."

And by now i'm thinking of all my friends on their planes to Beijing.

So now i have to carry two passports. one with my visas and one that's good for a year. plus this extra paper that says who knows wat.

Then the agent drops me off at the ferry and says the ship is right at the end of the ferry. i'm a bit worred at this point seeing as how i don't speak Cantanese and my guide just dumped me. But you could see the ship from the ferry and it really does take u right up next to it. it was only a 15 min ride. after wondering around the mall for a while i finally found the terminal and made it back on the ship.

Now the ship.

By now it was about 400PM and it was absolutley deserted. I was a bit concerned. I traveled around by myself on the last day here (today) but i wasn't ready for that yet on my first day, i didn't know where anything was. I ended up running into this guy that was by himself and we talked about how everybody ran to Beijing.

So we (me and Jake) ran around Hong Kong for 2 days and one night in my case. I'll tell ya wat we did in the next few days.

So lesson to all

count the number of pages in ur passport

now check the link on the side to webshots and i'll try to put pics up

DD

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

after you log in, close the box where you logged in and then open a new box without quitting the internet. if all goes well you should be able to experience a half hour of internet time and get charged for only a couple minutes. we got good enough on it not to get charged for any. just a little tip from the spring trip.

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking about you! Chrys =)

Anonymous said...

hey Mel. I sent you a letter - hopefully it will make it to you when you reach India!?
Chrys